Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:56:50 +0000

Stephan Hennig wrote:
I've done some tests with that version now (This is GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1
(i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-02-19 on LENNART-69DE564).

Scrolling has indeed improved.  The erratic up and down movement of the
buffer while dragging the scrollbar in _one_ direction seems to has gone
away.

Still there are some problems:

It seems that the latest change reverted the previous buggy behaviour to earlier buggy behaviour, where the scrollbar handle resizes as you scroll.

If this behaviour is generally preferred to the previous behaviour, then we should leave it like this until after the release. Experience has shown that it is going to take major changes in the way we perform our scroll-bar related calculations to make an improvement in this area without breaking it in some other way.