Re: Pretest?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:36:35 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:48:09 -0500
> Cc: Emacs-Devel <address@hidden>
>
> I have rolled a 22.0.94 tarball:
>
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.94.tar.gz
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.93-22.0.94.xdelta.sig
>
> (I didn't see Eli's message till I uploaded the tarball.  Hopefully
> those patches can wait for the next tarball, along with the PGG doc
> fixes and the C++ fontification fix.)

Please in the future wait for a while before you act.  I don't always
have time to react immediately, and I imagine others have such
problems as well.  My free time is very limited, so I usually can work
on Emacs only on weekends.  Thus, any changes that I need to make that
take more than a few moments are delayed by several days.

I suggest in the future to announce that you will produce the next
pretest on such-and-such date (several days in the future), so that
people who have important patches could install them in time for the
pretest.