Re: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ + - em

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ + - embryonic solution.
Date: 23 Feb 2007 22:01:25 +0100
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:16:49 +0000

Hi, Simon!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:23:43AM -0000, Marshall, Simon wrote:
> Hi Alan, thanks for working on this.

> > THIS ISN'T PRODUCTION QUALITY CODE, or anywher near it, so
> > please don't "debug" it or "tidy it up" for me!

> Do you want anyone to actually try it or is it not really in such a
> state yet?

Yes, please do try it!  It doesn't work 100% yet, but I'm trying to
persuade people that it soon will.  ;-)

> > In particular, it only solves Simon's first bug recipe.  It doesn't
> > yet solve the second one (which will probably be quite easy to fix),
> > and it doesn't yet deal with template types in `c-found-types', or
> > with comments, strings, macros, narrowed regions, .....

> Does it deal with the case of deletion of the text (and therefore
> properties) that contain the c-type properties, ie, deletion of the
> cached info?

That's precisely what it does.  In "foo \n   bar();", `c-found-types'
contains "foo".
(i) After you type the "(", giving "foo( \n  bar();", "foo" is removed
from `c-found-types'.
(ii) If instead you delete an "o", giving "fo \n  bar();", "foo" is
removed, being replace by "fo".

--
Alan.