Re: Emacs aborts during byte-compilation from Dired

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs aborts during byte-compilation from Dired
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:33:28 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>> Actually, Qt was changed at this line:
>>
>> 1411           PRINT_NUMBER_OBJECT (Vprint_number_table, print_number_index)
>> = obj;
>>
>> And at that time, Vprint_number_table was Qnil but the macro
>> PRINT_NUMBER_OBJECT assumes that it is a vector.  Someone
>> who knows the code around here please fix this bug.

It turns out that byte-compile-output-docform sets
print-continuous-numbering to t and print-number-table to nil.

This means that Vprint_number_table is NIL but print_number_index > 0,
so the Vprint_number_table vector is not allocated.

I have installed a fix (resetting print_number_index if
Vprint_number_table is nil even if print-continuous-numbering is
non-nil.