Re: simple loaded during startup

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: simple loaded during startup
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:23:28 -0800 (PST)

> I have one misunderstanding on this subject: When Emacs starts it parse
> some standard files (including simple.el) to load their symbols in
> load-history, in order to know where to find their definitions... It
> creates in the same time the main obarray to keep the symbols, and in
> load-histoy keeps the place of their definitions. Is it true? Sure, it is
> true.

Almost true -- some files are "preloaded", which means that a preliminary
version of Emacs ("temacs") loads them when Emacs is built and then a new
Emacs executable is created which -has already loaded them-, which is a
slightly odd concept.  The important bit is that at each normal Emacs
start, it doesn't load as many files.

> My problem is:
> How can I check during startup (at every step when Emacs starts) what LISP
> symbols are loaded and their semantict (id est value).
>
> Thanks for teaching me a method.

Perhaps you could use `load-read-function', and call `mapatoms' from your
wrapper for `read'?

Davis

shipping.