Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:24:48 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> 100% agreement.  My .emacs has set it to nil for several years
>>> now.
>>
>> Same here.
>
> Do we have a _single_ developer who still has it on and has observed
> _benefits_ from its use?

Mine's set to nil too.

I actually forgot all about it until David raised the issue again.

It seems that several developers have set it to nil -- because it
a) doesn't really do any good, and
b) has bad effects on Emacs or the system as a whole

So it seems plain stupid to release it with a setting that will impact
and annoy users and cause a support burden after the release.

I agree that the default should be nil, and IMO a non-nil default
setting for this is a really serious bug.