Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:10:30 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> So to observe that stealth fontification provides you with some benefit, you
> have to turn it off and see if jit-lock behaves worse.

Sure, but there's little incentive to do so, so the rather heavy-handed
way you jumped on Eli seems out of place.  The implication seemed to be
that if he didn't "observe some benefit", then there likely wasn't any
(which obviously isn't true).

> We know fairly well about the downsides and we know they don't affect
> everybody all the time, so this is not the interesting part of
> the discussion.

It serves to put the strident opposition to stealth fontification in
context, I think.

-Miles

--
Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if a