Re: C-M-\ on windows?

From: djh
Subject: Re: C-M-\ on windows?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:54:57 +0900

Eric,

I am using: GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2007-02-21
on cygwin (on top of MS-Win32 XP, Japanese Version) with cygwin's X-Windows.

I have no problem with the M-C-\  sequence and use it often.
Even my emacs is built with cygwin's libraries the key sequence works.

However I usually use:     C^[  C-\   for this instead.
I find it easier to use this  ESC C-\ sequence as my fingers are there.

Note that I have used MS Win32 registry to change the CAPS  LOCK key to a CTRL
key,
since its where a ctrl key belongs to me.  And I never use the CAPs Lock anyway.

Note to developers:  Never take the <ESC>prefix out!    C-[  is just too useful
and easier that hunting around for an ESC key.  The rythm of use the C-[ C-key
is like
cha-chunk cha-chunk, which is far more melodic than  click, clonk, chunk
(M-C-key) and the ALT key is usually on the bottom rung (at lease on may
keyboards) and you have to take your hands of of position.  Maybe I'm just not
used to it.

Darel Henman