Re: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:38:40 -0500

    Since then Lennart has pointed out that several other minibuffer
    prompts also lack fontification, notably isearch, query-replace, and
    y-or-n-p.

    Shall we fix those too?

Isearch, definitely.

However, now I have second thoughts about this for map-y-or-n.  The
main purpose of this face is to more clearly separate the prompt from
the input that follows it.  That purpose does not apply to y-or-n-p,
or to map-y-or-n.  However, to the extent that this face also helps
show the user that Emacs is asking some sort of question, it is useful
to use the face for other kinds of questions.

So, should we use it for y-or-n-p and map-y-or-n and query-replace,
or not?