Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:53:43 +0100

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:38, address@hidden said:

> I do not understand this response.  How can anyone find cached
> passphrases if caching is turned off?

It seems this thread is about two different topics:

 - Using Pinentry
 - Using Emacs to send (and cache) a passphrase to gpg

I have not seen the beginning of this thread, so I don't know much
about the latter case.

I am always thinking of using the gpg-agent - eventually gpg-agent
will not only cache the passphrase but handle all secret keys.  Thus
this latter case will sooner or later be irrelevant as tehre won't be
any way for Emacs to tell gpg (actually gpg2 or gpgsm) a passphrase.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner