Strange stalls in asynchronous processing

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Strange stalls in asynchronous processing
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:37:32 +0100

Today I noticed strange stalls when using asynchronous processes, e.g. a
compilation in a comint window, or a long grep. Very regularly the process
output stalls and only continu when I give some input to emacs. this can be
a keyboar input or a mouse click, even changing focus or moving a window
will help. I haven't noticed this before, but usually I continue typing
while the background process is running.

This is on the 22.0.93 pretest, compiled from the tarball on Mac OS X 10.4
(Tiger). Has anyone experienced the same behaviour or is this a known problem?
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden