Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows

From: grischka
Subject: Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:19:23 +0100

> > > This approach suffers from the same problems.
> > Not shure what you mean, works for me.
> The other code works as well.  But there are problems
> in some circumstances.

Problems with the other code? May be.

> If I understand correctly what you mean, then the Xaw behavior is exactly
> what we want. That leaves it to the application to decide whether the
> thumb can "slide past the end" or not.

Xaw certainly has its nostalgic charme with its own behaviour
and design. But, no, I don't think you want Xaw behaviour with
windows scrollbars. Not even with GTK scrollbars, really.

> A slider that slides past the end is not a problem, really.
> You seem to dislike it, could you explain why?

Actually I don't know what it means. An end where it can
go past is not the end, no?

Ah, okay, maybe you see it differently. Such that the slider
does not shrink on bottom, but actually slips into some
slit in the frame. Is it that?

-- grischka