Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: vertical scrollbar error on MS Windows
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:44:57 +0100

"grischka" <address@hidden> writes:

> Xaw certainly has its nostalgic charme with its own behaviour
> and design. But, no, I don't think you want Xaw behaviour with
> windows scrollbars. Not even with GTK scrollbars, really.

I'd want to.  I have asked on the GTK+ developer list for it (without
any response), and I compile my Emacs --with-gtk
--without-toolkit-scrollbars (add or take a hyphen, can't remember)
since anything but Athena behavior (and the resulting Lucid toolbars
_have_ Athena behavior) is so much less functional as to be crippled.

Scroll back and forth without moving the mouse in between?  Blank.
Scroll a variable amount with one click?  Blank.
Scroll back and forth a variable amount?  Double blank.