Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:57:13 -0500

Kim F. Storm wrote:

> and looked at etc/future-bug -- very funny, but I never noticed it
> before (as etc is quite populated/polluted).
>
> I suggest moving it into etc/JOKES, as I would assume more users
> would see it there.

I think future-bug is made funnier because it doesn't hit you over the
head and say "this is a joke", but rather reads like a normal bug
report. Putting it in a file labelled JOKES would spoil it a bit by
making you expect a joke from the start.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a future version of Emacs _did_
have time-travel capability, so maybe this is a real bug report that
just went a little astray...

I agree that /etc in general looks like a mess, or (charitably) an old
attic where you may stumble across interesting things. I think
tree-widget/ should be in images/, and some other subdirectories (eg
tutorials/, refcards/, ...?) would help tidy it up. But I don't see
any need to do any of that at this stage.