Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:36:46 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:27:41 -0500
>
>     I was talking from memory.  I will make some measurements in a few
>     days and tell the results.
>
> I am not sure measurements are relevant here.

AFAICT, you asked for them explicitly:

    Would you please tell us more?  What sort of machine are you using,
    and how bad are these delays?  We need to compare them with the delays
    caused by stealth fontification.

> The question is whether the delays avoided by stealth fontification
> bother you.  If you don't notice them, they don't bother you.
>
> Do they bother you?

My recollection is that they do annoy, but I will need to time things
to give more accurate information instead of hand-waving.  However, if
you don't feel you need to see more or less precise numbers, feel free
to tell me: I have better things to do with my limited free time than
gather measurements no one needs.