Remove delete-overlay?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Remove delete-overlay?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:47:20 +0100

I have some times looked at the doc string for delete-overlay to convince myself that the overlay is not deleted by delete-overlay. It is just removed from the buffer.

The doc string does not tell that part of the story however. It would be nice if it did.

Perhaps the function should be called remove-overlay instead since it just removes the overlay from the buffer. But my English is to weak to tell if this is better. And delete-char deletes an "a" but "a" continues to exist and I find nothing strange about that ...