Re: address@hidden: Re: tramp and diff-mode results in Emacs crash]

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: tramp and diff-mode results in Emacs crash]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:18:00 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I've reverted this commit, and fixed the bug another way.

Thank you. In the meantime I was experimenting to make your patch less
destructive, f.e. by checking via (file-locked-p filename) before
disabling the hooks. Btw, the guilty hook in Tramp seems to be related
to auto-save, which should be disabled indeed when a file is locked.

But your change should prevent such checks in Tramp which are not
designed for file name handlers to be applied in general.

Best regards, Michael.