Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:25:09 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>>> Still, it's been there since 1999, and I just noticed it yesterday.
>>> How funny is that :-)
>>
>> It hasn't been there since 1999 until you noticed.
>
> Right!  It's only been there since 2199, which probably explains
> why I didn't notice it before.
>
> But the timestamp in the CVS log confused me.  I guess the version
> of CVS used to install the file has a --time-travel option too.

You may find that fit for joking, but it just happens that I am a
really hard case for reality, since my surroundings have a very high
level of entropy and thus don't compress well.  To add insult to
injury, I have a very good memory.  So I frequently know just what
pile to pick apart right from the start, just to find that what I was
looking for is _not_ there.  Then I start looking in much less likely
places (after all, Sherlock Holmes stated that after ruling out all
plausible cases, one needs to turn to the implausible ones).  Spending
some time there gives reality the slack it needs to catch up, and of
course the stuff had been where I looked first all the time, but not
before I started looking elsewhere.

I think that the reality bandwidth in my flat does not cut it, but
then I don't know where to apply for an upgrade of the flat rate.