Re: Error report on startup

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Error report on startup
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 02:57:54 +0100

On 3/2/07, Herbert Euler <address@hidden> wrote:

(defun type-break-get-previous-time ()
  "Get previous break time from `type-break-file-name'.
Returns nil if the file is missing or if the time breaks with the
`current-time' format."
  (let ((file (type-break-choose-file)))
    (if file
        (timep ;; returns expected format, else nil
         (with-current-buffer (find-file-noselect file 'nowarn)
           (save-excursion
             (goto-char (point-min))
             (read (current-buffer))))))))

I stand by what I said. If type-break-get-previous-time loads elisp
code in such a way, it is to be *expected* that erroneous input (in
the file being read) will be reported as a problem of
type-break-get-previous-time. If the code's author would've wanted
normal loading semantics, s/he would've used (load file).

            Juanma