Re: --with-gtk as default?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: --with-gtk as default?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:27:47 -0500

    It wasn't. Emacs still does not build with the latest Microsoft
    compiler. The solution is to use static libraries rather than dynamic,
    but the multithreaded static library was missing some functions we need,
    and the singlethreaded static library, which is what we use with earlier
    versions of the Microsoft compiler, has been removed from the latest
    release.

What do you recommend we do now?  Should we simply say, "Microsoft's
compiler is broken, so use GCC"?