Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:46:19 -0700

Drew Adams wrote:
C-h C-j  => Display jokes  (JOKES + future-bug + DEVEL.HUMOR)
[I don't care much about the jokes (C-h C-j),
so I can leave that out if people dislike it].

I dislike it. `C-h' should be reserved for Emacs help. Opening a buffer of
jokes or haikus or Zippy quotes or stock quotes or a calendar or ... is not
the same as providing help about Emacs.

Over time, we have needed more and more C-h bindings for real help, and that
is likely to continue. Let's reserve C-h for user help.

We can put the commands to view the various etc/* files on the Super-e
or Hyper-e prefix key.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA