Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:28:00 -0300

dhruva wrote:
Hi,
Thank you all for the inputs. I agree it is much simpler to download
some extra tools and get the build going.

The following are some of the packages I downloaded to get the whole
thing going:

For building Emacs on Windows (release/pretest versions):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm
To build the info files (from CVS):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/texinfo.htm

Tools needed by Emacs (optional to get a full blown setup):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tar.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm

with best regards,
dhruva

The link:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

Has also a lot of informations about Emacs for Windows.

It has also links to download pre-compiled distributions for Windows.

Vinicius