Re: Echoing of keys and process I/O

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: Re: Echoing of keys and process I/O
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:33:13 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> I have experimented some more with different versions of Emacs,
>> including one built from the latest CVS sources (i686-pc-linux-gnu),
>> and I have now found one way to avoid this echo area blocking: All is
>> well while I'm using Emacs 22 in a virtual terminal.
>>
>> I still see the bug when I'm in X, even with an Emacs without X
>> support running in an xterm. It's the same on several GNU/Linux
>> systems, so I don't think I have misconfigured something.
>
> I don't see the bug when I'm in X, on my GNU/Linux laptop.  If you
> could post a detailed recipe, maybe that will help.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Unfortunately, I have no
idea what's going on here. I cannot describe many details regarding
the problem.

It seems to me that a process filter and/or process-send-string will
make this bug visible. The shell mode test was the easiest I could
think of, it uses a comint filter. If you can't reproduce the bug with
this, I don't know how to go with it.