Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:51:07 -0300

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote:
Well, to best of my knowledge, there is only pre-compiled "stable" version distribution, that is, Emacs 19, 20 and 21.3 (the last "stable" version).

There is no pre-compiled "testing" distribution, that is, Emacs 22 or 23.

I think that after Emacs 22 release there will be a pre-compiled version for Windows.

Humm, did you see the link:

http://derekslager.com/blog/posts/2007/01/emacs-hack-3-compile-emacs-from-cvs-on-windows.ashx

??

It seems useful for Emacs (22 or 23) installation for Windows.

Ehum, and as someone wrote in a comment on that blog page some days ago there are binary builds available on the net. They are not official, but I at least upload a binary built from CVS immediately after Chong releases the pretest tarballs.

Hmmm, yeah, now I see it (http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html). Good!