Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:00:44 -0500

    I mostly use very fast (3 Ghz) machines nowadays, which are not easily
    forced into annoying delays.  I could try to find a slower machine,
    but I need to know what is the clock speed we consider as
    ``reference'' for such investigations.  That is, with what slow clock
    speeds we would still like Emacs to be reasonably responsive?

I don't know.  I have not kept track of things like that for 15 years.

But I think that if NONE of the developers now finds this annoying,
that problem will be rare enough that it doesn't count for much.

So we can set jit-lock-stealth-time to nil.

Would someone please do that?