Re: maybe don't set completion-ignore-case to t on w32 ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: maybe don't set completion-ignore-case to t on w32 ?
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:09:03 +0200

> Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:55:08 +0000
> From: address@hidden (John Paul Wallington)
>
> Is it necessary to set `completion-ignore-case' to t in w32-fns.el for
> the purpose of ignoring case on file-name completion now that we have
> `read-file-name-completion-ignore-case' that defaults to t on
> MS-Windows systems?

I don't know if it's necessary, but I suggest that we not change
anything at this point that does not fix a clear bug.

> I'm using an MS-Windows system here, and M-x cust[TAB] gives `Custom-'
> prefixed commands where I would only get `customize-' prefixed commands
> with `completion-ignore-case' set to t.

I cannot reproduce that, for me "M-x cust[TAB]" yields `customize'
(sic, without the trailing dash that you show above), and tapping on
TAB 2 more times shows a completion buffer where all completions begin
with "customize", with a lower-case `c'.

Do you see this problem in "emacs -Q"?