Re: address@hidden: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: address@hidden: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:50:27 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Would someone please fix this, then ack?
>
> From: A Soare <address@hidden>
> Subject: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*

This bug was already mentioned by Martin Rudalics in reply to your
mail "address@hidden: Partial completion]" of Feb
24th.

I suggest the following fix, but it seems both this bug and the other
one need input from the OPs (or those who use partial completion), to
test that the suggested fixes do not break anything else.

***************
*** 710,722 ****
                        (and completion-auto-help
                             (eq last-command this-command))
                        (eq mode 'help))
                    (with-output-to-temp-buffer "*Completions*"
                      (display-completion-list (sort helpposs 'string-lessp))
                      (with-current-buffer standard-output
                        ;; Record which part of the buffer we are completing
                        ;; so that choosing a completion from the list
                        ;; knows how much old text to replace.
!                       (setq completion-base-size dirlength)))
                  (PC-temp-minibuffer-message " [Next char not unique]"))
                nil)))))

--- 718,734 ----
                        (and completion-auto-help
                             (eq last-command this-command))
                        (eq mode 'help))
+                     (let ((width (minibuffer-prompt-width)))
                        (with-output-to-temp-buffer "*Completions*"
                          (display-completion-list (sort helpposs
'string-lessp))
                          (with-current-buffer standard-output
                            ;; Record which part of the buffer we are completing
                            ;; so that choosing a completion from the list
                            ;; knows how much old text to replace.
!                           (setq completion-base-size
!                                 (if dirname
!                                     dirlength
!                                   (- beg 1 width))))))