Re: Extending fringe backgrounds to scroll bar gaps

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Extending fringe backgrounds to scroll bar gaps
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:02:28 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:39:41 +0100, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> said:

> Did you try this with Gtk+?

Yes, I tried it with GTK+ 2.8.18 as well as Xaw3d and Motif.  They all
worked equally as far as I tested.

> I think the background in that case is drawn by Gtk+ itself, so
> anything xterm.c does gets overwritten.  Or depending on the timing
> of expose events, sometimes Gtk+ gets to draw the background,
> sometimes it is done from xterm.c.

The arguments passed to x_scroll_bar_create or xg_update_scrollbar_pos
don't include the gap.  So I think the area that is drawn by GTK+ does
not overlap with that is drawn by (patched) x_draw_fringe_bitmap.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden