Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*, I give the debug informations under gdb in the attachments.
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:10:08 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> By the way,
>
>> abnormally.  The debug-results-gdb is my debug informations under
>> gdb.
>
> It shows this info:
>
> Breakpoint 1, abort () at emacs.c:431
> 431       kill (getpid (), SIGABRT);
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  abort () at emacs.c:431
> No locals.
> #1  0x08085a09 in try_window_id (w=0x8b927f0) at xdisp.c:15191
>
> The function try_window_id has this code:
>
> try_window_id (w)
>      struct window *w;
> {
> [...]
>   /* Update window_end_pos and window_end_vpos.  */
>   if (first_unchanged_at_end_row
>       && !last_text_row_at_end)
> [...]
>   else if (last_text_row_at_end)
> [...]
>   else if (last_text_row)
> [...]
>   else if (first_unchanged_at_end_row == NULL
>          && last_text_row == NULL
>          && last_text_row_at_end == NULL)
> [...]
>   else
>     abort ();   <-- line 15191
> [...]
> }
>
> So it's impossible to reach the line 15191 with any
> combination of values of these three variables:
>
>   first_unchanged_at_end_vpos
>   last_text_row
>   last_text_row_at_end
>
> Is it GCC bug?  Which version of GCC have you used?

>From etc/DEBUG:

    ** When you are trying to analyze failed assertions, it will be
    essential to compile Emacs either completely without optimizations
    or at least (when using GCC) with the -fno-crossjumping option.
    Failure to do so may make the compiler recycle the same abort call
    for all assertions in a given function, rendering the stack
    backtrace useless for identifying the specific failed assertion.

--
David Kastrup