Re: Emacs pretest bug reports

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:39:53 +0900

> There is a suggestion that we make emacs-pretest-bug an alias for
> emacs-devel.  That means pretest bug reports will come here first.
>
> Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

No; I think it's a good idea.

I'm subscribed to both, and have always thought it was suboptimal that
technical bug discussions which are clearly of interest to emacs-devel
readers (and which would benefit from their input) sometimes happen on
emacs-pretest-bug.

For existing emacs-devel readers, at least, it wouldn't be any burden,
because the traffic on emacs-pretest-bug is fairly light even right
before release.  For emacs-pretest-bug readers, I suppose they might not
like the additional traffic of emacs-devel though.

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.