Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin

From: William Xue
Subject: Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:23:55 +0800

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:43:57 +0800, Eric Hanchrow <address@hidden> wrote:

Are you trying to build a _Cygwin_ Emacs on Cygwin, or are you trying
to build a _Win32_ Emacs on Cygwin?  Those are two different things.

I have built a NTEmacs with MinGW32.
And now, I want to build a Cygwin Emacs.

If the former, you've found a bug, and I expect it'll get fixed
quickly (at least, if the developers understand it; you might need to
provide them a transcript of the failed build session).

But if it's the latter, I have one piece of advice: don't use the
"make" that comes with Cygwin.  See
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BuildingCvsWThirtyTwoCygwin for
a brief description of how I did it.

Thank you Eric, I will try the MinGW32-make.exe under Cygwin.

--
Sincerely yours,
William