Re: Display bug [Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again ...]

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Display bug [Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again ...]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:50:46 +0800

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 12:26:19PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Yes, when I comile the Emacs without this configure arg
>     *--enable-asserts*, the problem will disappear, and can running emacs
> with
>     *--enable-font-backend -fn "Dejavu Sans Mono-14"* without this problem.
>     But if I run emacs with *--enable-font-backend*, the emacs will crash
>     still.

If I run emacs with *--enable-font-backend*, some times it will crash,
some times not,  it seems all at random.  And I find the gdb said
*segment error* when it crashed.  But I havn't get the debug info for
detail at that time, and till now, I cann't reproduce that crash.

> Strange.  What about if you use -O0 but do not use --enable-asserts?

In this way, emacs won't crash.

---
Hongyi Zhao (赵弘毅)
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493B