Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin

From: djh
Subject: Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:01:19 +0900

> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> From offby1?: > Thank you Eric, I will try the MinGW32-make.exe under Cygwin.
>
> I think that's a very bad idea: MinGW and Cygwin are deeply
> incompatible.  So please do NOT use the MinGW Make to build the Cygwin
> port of Emacs.

I second Eli's comment.  I successfully build emacs from cvs source code on
February 21st, using cygwin's native environment.  In fact I am using it now to
compose this letter.

M-X version <RET>
  ==> GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2007-02-21

I haven't tried with cygwins GTK for a long time as it was broken at one point.
I don't know about now.

Please give your (1) configuration options and the Make output that Eli
requested.

Tomorrow I plan to try an making an emacs source tarball and see how it goes.

Darel Henman