address@hidden: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*]

From: A Soare
Subject: address@hidden: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:03 +0100 (CET)

>     Why do you forward bug reports from emacs-devel to emacs-devel, with
>     only the little "please DTRT and ACK" addition?
>
> Because my experience is that this gets someone to debug and fix it.
> If I don't do this, quite often nobody works on the bug.
>
> It also gives me a reminder if nobody works on it.

If the OP see in 1-2 months that it is not solved yet, the OP will report it
again.

>      It has the effect of
>     removing the OP from the CC list when people reply to your forward, as
>     well as creating a separate thread.
>
> Perhaps I should reply instead.

Since the OP reported it as a bug, not as a patch, that means that the OP does
not necessarily want to work on this bug.
So it is not very important to reply to the OP every time, just in case of
misunderstandings...

I spoke just from the viewpoint of my bugs. For the others members that report
bugs, maybe the opinions differ.

A Soare