Re: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ + - Pa

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ + - Patch
Date: 8 Mar 2007 23:07:56 +0100
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 23:24:34 +0000

Hi, Chong and Simon

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 12:19:57PM -0500, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> Judging by the size of the patch you sent, and the time it's taking to
> write it, this seems to be a lot of work.  Once we include the time
> necessary for testing such a big change, it will probably
> significantly delay the Emacs 22 release.

int main () {
    foo         <===== type "();", then erase it.
    bar ();
}

I've just committed a patch to cc-mode.el and cc-engine.el which fixes
Simon's (first) bug.  [The "variant" he mentioned is a distinct bug.]

It's a fairly scrappy ad-hoc patch - it fixes a particular simple bug
scenario which will surely occur frequently.  Its idea is to remove
tokens from the cache `c-found-types' whenever these tokens are broken
up (e.g. by typing stuff in the middle of them, or removing space which
separated them from other tokens) or when their syntactic identity as
types ceases is disrupted.

I think this cache mechanism should to be thought through and either
abolished or amended to work consistently.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach Germany).