Re: Killing buffers with mouse

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Killing buffers with mouse
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:55:04 -0500

> It does so with the native tool bar.  It is because any mouse down is used
> as mouse down, not only mouse down with button 1.  It is there in 21.4 as
> well. It is easily fixed, but is it a real bug?

I'd say that it is.  It's OK to accept buttons 1,2,3, but there's no benefit
in accepting buttons 4,5,6,7,8.... whereas there is a significant drawback
since those buttons are typically used for scrolling with touchpads
or wheels and thus aren't "clicks".

        Stefan

PS: I really hope that in post-22 we can refine the toolbar so that we can
put different bindings for different buttons and also different bindings for
the "down" and the "up" events.