Re: Fix previous-button to work with connected buttons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fix previous-button to work with connected buttons
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:45:12 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Neither `previous-button' nor `next-button' work well with neighboring
>> buttons inserted with `insert-text-button' - this patch is *not* able
>> to solve that problem.
>
> I think the patch below should provide a general fix.

Please don't do that -- one of the goals of buttons is to work
reasonably well if there are _lots_ of them, and that was the main
reason for supporting both "overlay" and "text" buttons.  If you have
lots of buttons, creating a unique marker for each button has nasty
results (I've tested it).

[If adjacent buttons are important, I'd rather do something that only
affects that case.  For instance, I suppose a hacky approach might be to
have two different button properties, like `button' and `button2', and
use `button2' if inserting just before another button that uses
`button']

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)