Re: flypell and check-comments.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: flypell and check-comments.
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:25:27 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> Stefan, Martin, is the code here what you meant (it may not be,
>> font-locking is not my cup of tea)?
>
> Maybe the following should be reconsidered
>
>> !          (and (not ispell-check-comments)
>> !               (nth 4 (syntax-ppss (car (cdr flyspell-word))))))
>
> since on the one hand you don't check for `ispell-check-comments' being
> eq to 'exclusive

I don't think it matters. At least, if it has to be fixed, it's not
here, but maybe in `flyspell-generic-progmode-verify'. Well, I don't
really know.

> while on the other hand you don't check whether you're in a string
> (hence you don't fully emulate the default of
> `flyspell-prog-text-faces' either).

I don't understand, why should I check that I'm in a string?

> Also `syntax-ppss' may get expensive for `flyspell-large-region'.  It's
> generally better to use it for the first position only, save position
> and parse-state, and then do `parse-partial-sexp' from the last saved
> position and parse-state.

I probably agree :) However, I don't really see how this can be
implemented. If ispell has to be mimicked, maybe the test should be
made using comment-start -- comment-end, but not sure.

> Hence, IMHO ignoring `ispell-check-comments' here is a viable
> alternative as well.

Well, this is not just for the fun to make a patch, I really want to
use `ispell-check-comments' (to nil).

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |    This .sig has been generated        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |         by Outlook Express 98          |