Re: Mode-line face bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Mode-line face bug
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:27:31 -0400

    Actually this is not what this is about. There seems to be a confusion
    with the splash screen. The point here is that the *scratch* buffer is
    empty. (Where it is in the buffer list does not matter.) You could
    argue that there is no point in a *scratch* buffer, if desktop
    reverted a session. But in that case it shouldn't exist at all.

I stand corrected.

I agree that there is no reason not to put the usual scratch buffer
message into the scratch buffer.  So I guess this change should be made.

Glenn, would you please install your startup.el patch?