Re: Pretest?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:53:03 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/12/07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't see why this should delay the next pretest.
>
> It seems a bit silly to release a pretest just to change something
> non-trivial immediately afterwards. The patch I'm proposing is
> trivial, but IIUC what Richard is saying, perhaps greater changes will
> be needed. There's no harm in waiting a day or three, is it?

For every pretest, I hope it will be the last.  My next important
conference with Emacs tutorials is at the end of April.  A release
will make persuading people to use Emacs 22 much easier.

So I agree that it seems pointless to make a prerelease when
fundamental things are scheduled for change or fixes.

--
David Kastrup