Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*, I give the debug informations under gdb in the attachments.
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:08:06 +0200

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: David Kastrup <address@hidden>,
>     Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>     Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:11:32 +0900
>
> Seems to me that a lot of projects would benefit from this.  Why not
> codify the knowledge that we (well, "you", I know nothing about debug
> vs optimization interference except that it exists) have in an aclocal
> snippet, with a view to eventually including it in Autoconf?

The problem is, again, that the list of -fxxx options that, if
disabled, will make the program much easier to debug, is not known
except to the few GCC developers.  So I don't think we know what to
put in aclocal.

If you mean to build a configure-time test that will try each -fxxx
option and somehow establish whether it does or does not disrupt
debugging, then I think this is too large a job, and it will
constantly bitrot due to -fxxx options being removed and added as GCC
is developed.

Or maybe you mean something else?