Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*, I give the debug informations under gdb in the attachments.
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:36:18 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > The problem is, again, that the list of -fxxx options that, if
 > disabled, will make the program much easier to debug, is not known

We already have one (-fno-cross-jumps or similar).  Others can be
added as people find out about them.  I'm simply saying that this
information should be available to *all* Emacs developers (eg, by
configuring with --marquis-de-sade-optimizations=no-thank-you), not
just to those who happen to read every post David makes.

 > except to the few GCC developers.

So ask them, once in a while, politely.  And if the gods smile and you
get a useful answer, put it in aclocal.  That's all I'm suggesting.
It's not a huge amount of work.

 > So I don't think we know what to put in aclocal.

Everything we'd like to put there?  No.  Tedious to maintain?
Probably, it will need to be gcc-version-dependent.  Better than
nothing?  Well, I think so.<wink>