RE: resize-mini-windows...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: resize-mini-windows...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:50:48 -0700

Why is the default value for `resize-mini-windows' `grow-only'? I think that
is annoying. I don't know what the advantage of `grow-only' is supposed to
be, but I don't think it is a good choice for the default value. What's
wrong with t? or nil?

Also, the Emacs manual (at least in my January snapshot), node Minibuffer
Edit, says that t is the default value. Would that it were... (apologies to
J. Kerry).

Also, the Elisp manual does not mention `resize-mini-windows'. It should, I
think, be mentioned in node Minibuffer Misc, which describes other
minibuffer variables, such as `max-mini-window-height'.

Also, shouldn't `max-mini-window-height' be named something like
`minibuffer-window-max-height' - that is, shouldn't `max' be next to
`height' and `minibuffer' be next to `window'?

Also, what about this bug: