Re: Pretest?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:18:31 +0100

On 3/14/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

I thought they complained because the buffer was not visible.

The reporter said: "emacsclient seems to interrupt find-file,
swith-to-buffer and areas marked to be copied, so I think it is
somewhat inconsistent not to quit isearch and put the new buffer on
top."

We haven't done a poll of user expectations with respect to
emacsclient, but I certainly wouldn't just expect the buffer to be
visible, but selected as well.

Cancelling isearch is not something done in extreme circunstances;
almost anything you type or do will cancel it (like switching to
another frame). What's so special in cancelling it from emacsclient?

            Juanma