Re: whitespace.el's permanent-locals

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: whitespace.el's permanent-locals
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:33:53 +0100

> I'm inclined to agree, but ... any idea why they were put there in the
> first place?

Putting a nil value into a symbol's property list makes sense iff I want
to keep a record that at some time a value was put there but is no more
needed.  Well, maybe also because I'm too lazy to remove an association.
But whitespace.el never puts anything but nil there, does that only when
it's loaded, and nowhere uses `plist-member'.