Re: address@hidden: whitespace.el's permanent-locals]

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: address@hidden: whitespace.el's permanent-locals]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:20:09 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
"Rajesh Vaidheeswarran" <address@hidden> writes:
If I remember the reason correctly, it was because  wanted the ability
to toggle on/off the check for and correct the various types of
whitespaces to be on a per-buffer basis.

Just make it a normal minor mode.  I see no reason to do otherwise.

Indeed, this is exactly the sort of minor-mode which is likely to get
put into hook functions for various major-modes because the user wants
to control whitespace in that mode.  In such a case (and I think it's
the most common one) the parameters are much more likely to be
_mode_-specific rather than buffer-specific.

-miles

I agree. And a convenient way for the user to achive that is to use define-globalized-minor-mode and define his own globalized version of the minor mode.