Re: Pretest?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:04:21 +0100

On 3/15/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

That is right.  The user will see the other buffer appear, and can
either finish or cancel the command that is in progress.  I think that
is less harsh.

For some definition of "less harsh" that maps nicely to your tastes,
perhaps. I much prefer to be interrupted, and profoundly dislike any
code that splits my window without my explicit request.

(Consider this as a petition to, at the very least, add an option to
enable the interrupting, non-window-splitting behavior.)

            Juanma