Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:15:20 +0900

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> The way around it is to check out a fresh copy, then copy the up to date
> files (without copying the CVS directories) into that tree, and check
> them in. But this will not preserve any checkin comments, so it would be
> better to restore what we can from arch and other sources first.

Things seem to be working up now, and I had a look around.

Indeed the restored CVS repository is a little old.  My arch repository
(address@hidden) seems to have been restored intact, but it doesn't
have all the missing CVS contents.  According to "cvs -nq update",
there's only one change in the arch repository which isn't in the
restored CVS repository:

   2007-03-11  Andreas Seltenreich  <address@hidden>

      * man/gnus.texi (Mail and Post): Update documentation for gnus-user-agent.
      The variable now uses a list of symbols instead of just a symbol.
      Reported by Christoph Conrad <address@hidden>.

   [synced to arch at 2007-03-11 23:54:42 GMT]

Oddly enough, that's _not_ the latest commit in the arch repository --
there's one other which is later, which _is_ in the restored CVS
repository:

   2007-03-11  Juri Linkov <address@hidden>

      * lisp/replace.el (match): Use yellow background on light-bg terminals.

   [synced to arch 2007-03-12 00:37:04 GMT]

So it looks like not every directory is restored from the same time?

[There's a bit more in other branches, e.g. my latest trunk->unicode
sync seems to be missing from the restored CVS repository.]

Maybe the best thing is to restore from NIIMI Satoshi's rsync of the
repository?  [He said it's from 2007-03-13 02:48 GMT]

I think the changes from the restored repository to the rsync would be
small enough that they could probably be verified by eye.

-Miles

--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at
least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like.  Otherwise the