Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:12:28 +1300

 > Do not use a method that will lose the CVS logs.  That would be a
 > terrible mistake.

It wouldn't lose them assuming that they are identical to the ChangeLogs.  If
Chong does this then we can compare the results with our local copies and make
adjustments, if necessary e.g your change to dired.c which AFAICS has no
ChangeLog entry.

I think working directly with the ,v files would be the terrible mistake.  This
clearly is not the intended way to work with CVS, possibly even you are an
expert.