Re: Info-insert-dir

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Info-insert-dir
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:38:32 +0100

>     Maybe we could introduce a macro like
>
>     (defmacro with-valid-default-directory (&rest body)
>
> Is there anything in Emacs except ispell.el that needs to do this?

flyspell.el and maybe complete.el and man.el.  Most libraries have to
handle this in a special way.  comint.el, for example, also checks the
directory for accessibility.  Moreover, it's not clear whether such a
macro should unwind-protect body in order to restore the non-existing
default-directory after exiting abnormally.  Finally, macros add an
annoying extra indentation level.